Monday, March 18, 2013

Sleepless Nights

My eyes are tired and I feel sleepy, yet my mind remains awake. Why?

It seems normal for me to sleep past 1AM, or even 2, but when I am tired at 12 and I get ready to sleep, I just toss and turn in my bed. I gaze at the darkness in the room, and at the little light peeking in from the window. I close my eyes again. I try to stop thinking... but who am I kidding? I don't think I can voluntarily stop thinking. Even thinking about not thinking is still thinking. Is it the noise from upstairs? Is something bothering me? Maybe if I listen to music... so I plug in my ipod and listen... it makes me want to sing along. So I did, in my head. This is no use. Maybe I am so used to sleeping at 2-3AM. My body isn't used to it. But my eyes... they want to rest. I can feel it becoming bloodshot/pink.

I am so tired of these sleepless nights. I just want to regulate my sleeping habit...

ON ANOTHER NOTE,

This is my first post of 2013!! As much as I want to blog about what happened during these past few months... I think the moment has passed :( But I can say what I miss! :)

Currently, I am missing Italy, which I have studied abroad in for the Winter session (the month of January). This travel experience actually made me love traveling. I don't travel often, and when I do, it's usually with my family, so I am obligated to go wherever they go. It's a different experience when you're traveling to learn... but best of all: explore the different culture(s). I think I will write about my adventures of my Winter session in the next few posts, because... I am feeling sleepy again. Hopefully this time, I will actually fall asleep. I am also in the process of making my video of my adventures in Italy/Paris... so STAY TUNED!!

Here is a picture I took from one of my favorite places in Italy: Piazza Michelangelo 
It was absolutely breath-taking. 


No comments:

Post a Comment