Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Glory Days

Hello again. I've managed to stay past 1AM today, and surprisingly I am still not tired. So here I am again, jotting down the recent thoughts I've been having lately.

I believe that I'm pretty much content with life at the moment. I never thought I'd say that since the day I turned 23. The month of my birthday was one of the toughest months ever. From May to June, I've stayed at work past 8 and even 9PM, and I think I've never been so stressed in my life. And I guess, without struggles, I wouldn't be where I'm at right now. All my hard work has been acknowledged and praised for which I thank God for. And those friends who stuck around me, tolerating my lateness on days I get off late, tolerating my complaints about work, and just there to listen and give me advice.

Perhaps it's the Summer vibes. I love seeing the sun still out after I get out of work. It makes me feel like the day is still young, and I have time to socialize and stay out. That I wasn't wasting my life at work only. Better yet, I feel like I'm at a steady pace, and I can actually complete my tasks and leave around 6:30. Of course, there are still many things on my plate, but as the month goes by, I know it will become a decently portioned plate that won't spill all over the place.

Tonight, I went roller skating with Evelyn, Sooin, and her friend, Tiffany. It was my first time ever, and I'm not gonna lie, it felt more difficult than roller blading and ice skating. But once you get to the rink, the DJ is playing smooth songs people can dance to while skating. I've never felt so... jubilant doing a sport. Everyone at the rink was so amazing, so in sync, jiving to the music happily. As I clumsily entered the rink, I felt a bit embarrassed to even move among these pro skaters. This woman next to me started smiling at me and she told me to hold onto the wall. I told her it was my first time, and she was telling how they've all been at my position before, so I should stay close to the wall, and if I fall, I'll fall, get on my knees and crawl back up. It's normal and nothing to be embarrassed about because they are all family here.

Maybe because she mentioned the family part, but it made me feel so much more comfortable. I just skated around the rink, watching people boogie, shake, clap and sway to the rhythm of the music. The carefree, lighthearted and happy vibes just exerted from all of them, and even though I sucked at skating, I couldn't help but to keep smiling and admire everyone else there. They were all just having fun, and their zone. The old, the young, the middle-aged. I just wanted everyone to give me hug and take my hand to dance with them. Of course, this didn't happen, but as I was smiling stupidly, this woman smiled back at me telling me she loved the breeze. This was my chance. I agreed and approached her slowly, asking her if she can give me any tips on roller skating. This woman told me that I needed my own skates first (without the stoppers). I told her this was my first time skating ever and she complimented that I was doing well. I asked her how to dance and skate at the same time. She took my hand and told me that I need to feel the music and let my body embrace it.

I almost shook my hips with her, but since I'm not a dancer, nor can I dance at all, it came out stiff and weird, and I told her that I can't dance :( Still she was very encouraging, and she told me that the music will come to me, and I should get my own skates and practice comfortably. Everyone there was just so awesome and friendly, and I wish I was always surrounded by such an amazing environment like that. So, I've decided that this is something I think I can be passionate about. Something that I can make my passion. Something that I can spend money and time on, and enjoy every second of it. Something that I can put on my resume, and tell people as an "interesting fact" about myself. But first, baby steps. I'm excited to go roller skating again. And I don't care if I'm always smiling stupidly at the rink. I just want to be skate and be part of the family - living these glory and care-free days.


No comments:

Post a Comment